- How long you own the name for the price.
- Top Level Domain: If you want to be a .com the price will often be lower, .org or .fm sometimes cost more money. You may also want to choose one based on country, for example .ca in Canada.
- Beware of upselling. You’re only looking to buy the name. If you buy the .com you probably don’t need to worry about buying the .net, .org, etc. as well. If your company gets really big and you want to protect your brand it can be useful to own the other extensions.
- Customer service. Most domain registrars will have little tech or customer support. It will most likely be by email. If there is phone support it will be a toll call.
- Make sure the name is registered to you and not the company you’re buying it from. All sites listed here register to you.
CrowdToPublic choice: Namecheap. Least expensive. No Upselling. Free WhoIs protection. Good reviews.